Subject: Vanishing Act
From: Thomas Desmond <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 11:46:38 +0600 (GMT)

I'm rendering LW framestores directly to PAR on my A4000.  In my 
current animation I set up a series of single polygons of amorphous shape 
to morph into a series of single polygon letters for a logo.  The morph 
works OK for all the letters except one, which suddenly disappears when 
the morph is almost finished.
  
  Assuming that the morphing process in Layout works similar to the 
morphing in Modeler, I tried morphing this polygon to its target in 
Modeler to see if the result would indicate what was going wrong.  
Indeed, the final five-segmented object looked, from the side view, like 
an hourglass;  the points that were perephiral in the morphing polygon all 
intersected in the center of the modeler-morphed object before they move 
again to the periphery of the target object. It looked like the thing had 
been turned inside-out.  My question is: how come?  Does anybody out 
there in LightWave Listland know?
--
Thomas Desmond <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]